Did you order my book? You really need to read it. My mother was the same way and still is. You have to cut emotional bonds with her because it isn't going to change but you can.

Because I work with women in bad relationships, I have learned to read between the lines. You are no where near leaving your husband. If you were, you wouldn't be talking to him on the phone and trying to maintain a relationship with him. You wouldn't post here about what he's done to hurt and humiliate you. You would be talking to a lawyer. When a woman has had it, she's had it! I know you keep hoping and praying that he will change but the writing is on the wall and you aren't reading it. He's made his point clear to you but you aren't listening. Hear his words. You will never be happy with this man and especially since he doesn't value your children or grandchildren.

Your family is your children and their children. It is more than enough to get you through life. If my husband told me he wouldn't accept my kids, he'd be history. He doesn't have to visit them but he would never be allowed to step between me and them.

NL, you have to take back your power from him and your family. If they don't accept the woman you are, let them go an opposite direction. Your life is not theirs and never will be. You will end up an empty shell if you continue to take the path you're on. I can promise you that.

Boomer Queen of Shoes