NewLeaf, my ex would also alienate me from friend(ships). Lately, I've not "fit into a church atmosphere anymore," yet I've begun attending a singles Bible study based upon "The Purpose Driven Life" at local Baptist Church. Although I've not yet attended a service, the singles are committed, both women and men of varying ages, and plan single activities and outreaches. We will soon purchase school supplies for children who don't have the funds for such -- it seems school supply costs have increased, and along with new clothes and shoes, having the appropriate and usefull school supplies the expenses are excessive for parents.

I joind a church 2 years ago and attended service and Bible study, yet the women (and men) were more interested in gossip than God's word. I'm learning to listen to God and appreciate closed doors.

Nuttin wrong w/ dreams! I believe your ex would criticize your dreams as a controll mechanism. Although not all dreams come to reality (it's OK to keep a few to yourself!), now you can put some dreams to work!