Dearest Eagle, new friend Jam,

If you read the post about my "revealing something," you'll know that I suffer from depression, too. Actually, I have the exact same diagnosis as does Eagle.

Jam, Eagle is correct when she says that if you haven't been there, you can't understand how this feels.

I do work, but was home for three years following a deep depression triggered by the loss of my dad and my best friend. Dad suffered from bi-polar and went for most of his life without care. When he sunk into a deep depression, one day I got a phone call.

"Dear," said my dad, "how do you do this?" Then my dad started crying. He could talk with me because he knew I would understand. My mother would keep saying, "pull yourself up by your bootstraps," or "snap out of it."

Dad eventually got the right meds and was stable until cancer took his life.

Eagle sent me her book, which I read non-stop throughout the night. I'd say that of all of the books I've read - books written by people suffering from depression or bipolar, that Eagle's book most closely describes the life of someone challenged by these conditions. ((((Eagle))))

I'm going to end this post know, because for some reason, if my post is too long, this site won't let me post it.

Will get back with you, Jam, later today. (((((Jam))))

Love,
Emily in Maryland