Grrr. It's been a hectic day today. I FINALLY found time to relax (in my favourite place, right here at BWS), when both the phone and doorbells started ringing. I managed to get hubby to take the phone, then ran to the door. One of those energy (natural gas) salespeople. We get them here at our door 2-3 times a month, which is very frustrating when we're already locked into a contract. Usually we just have to say we're locked in for several years and that's enough to send them on their way.

Tonight, the woman insisted on seeing our bills (first time for that request), and I insisted that she didn't need to see them because she wasn't with our gas supplier. Finally hubby intervened and repeated what I said, but she still wouldn't step away from our door and continued to insist that she had to see our bill. Finally I snapped and told her she was being too aggressive and that I was going to close the door now. She refused to move. I had to tell her to step away from the door or I'd call the police before she finally moved away...her parting remark was that I was the aggressive one! (And by that time, I may well have been!!)

Grrr. What makes people think they have the right to first, intrude on our privacy like that and secondly, to refuse to take my "no" for an answer?

(Maya Angelou)