I rent my house from a friend. She bugged me for two years to move in as former tenants were wrecking the place. She gave me a break on the rent so after much bugging I gave in.

I didn't jump on it right away because it's not a great idea to rent a house from a friend. The first day I moved in I tried to mow the lawn but the lawnmower was broken. I called her and she basically said maybe your younger son was fooling around and broke it. Oh Oh, I wished I had of stayed where I was.

Well things have gone along ok, but she is having the house appraised as she is broke. She has bought too many properties using the equity in this house (it's a greatly overvalued market here) and her credit cards are maxed.

So, she is getting the house appraised again so she can borrow more money. That's her problem.

My problem is she called me tonight at 9pm and told me the appraisers are coming at 5pm tomorrow.

Well, I work all day and my house is a mess. I've got teens, their rooms are messy and I have laundry piled up in the laundry room etc. etc.

I told her I don't have time to do too much cleaning tonight and I have to work all day tomorrow. She said " It has to be clean so it looks good. I need to get the maximum amount. She also said it's my job to keep the house up.

I am really upset and stressed now. She is the type that will say I've wrecked stuff I just know it. The fence is falling apart as they don't do anything around here. The place was damaged badly when I moved in. I do have a list of all the damages at the least so can pull that out if she tries to accuse me.

Oh, just a whine session. I really wish I didn't move in now. If she doesn't get the money (she is so over extended already) she will blame me.

I am going to tidy tonight but am not going to stay up all night. She is just not being fair, at least that is how I feel.
Kate