I just want to put this somewhere. I was again hurt because a woman told another woman that I am in contact with, after meeting me, that I was "intimidating."

I am hurt by this over and over again.

I am an educated, very experienced, entertainer. When I speak, I may speak in a tone that a singer uses or I may sound like I am easy with myself. When I stand somewhere, after a lifetime of dance, yes, I am comfortable in my body!
When I talk to a group, yes, they may life me because I am TRAINED to say the nice thing and to be good to people. I have been trained to behave like a lady in public since I was put on television and smacked for falling asleep at the age of 5!
It's not ME that these people see, it is my outside. I went to finishing school. I modeled. I am not at fault for my first impression if it scares people or "intimidates them!"
ALL my life this has hurt me because people don't get to know me, they just get jealous and hurtful! Even when I care about someone and want to help them they take me for someone I am not! NO ONE tries to see beyond the very trained outside of me!
It hurts, all the "single white females," all the jealous wives, all the problems I have joining REAL people because they only accept me on stage! HOW do I make them more comfortable? I've tried putting myself down and devalueiing myself for them but it does nothing but hurt me too!

I give up! I may end up with very few friends but what can I do? I try and try to please but it's never enough to bypass my outter image! It does hurt. I liked this woman but I guess she is "intimadated," by me and so she doesn't know if she's "good enough," as she put it, to present with me!
I want to quit. I care though and I will NOT.

This trap hurts so much.

Thank you to anyone who reads this. I just needed to get it out again. Apparently I'm "too popular," too!

Nice.

dancer9, haunted

"Question your privilege"