Sounds like the shadow of your mother is getting in-between you and your sisters since you feel she treats you like a the princess that made it.

I'm not suggesting that everything is fantastic with my sisters. Of course, we have occasional spats...but for past few decades, it's pretty minor. And I so seldom see them now since I've moved to a different province.

The childhood-teenage hood-etc. friend that I mentioned earlier....we drifted apart after she divorced. I found it difficult to support her "side" for her marriage breakdown since she was accelerating in her career, but her house husband, a nice guy who became a stay-at-home daddy for a few years...was floundering. She just didn't understand why his ego was falling abit, etc. This was among other things, plus her big buy-in suppport of the pharma giants.

Yea, sometimes I'm an idealist.
It was an unusual but excellent 20-yr. long friendship for all those years, dancer. I was a brainy geeky, ugly duckling (I took prescribed tetracycline for bad acne) that loved books, art and more solitary activities and she was attractive, smart, generous, etc. Yes, she was even a cheerleader (and married a star football player and wrestler). She came from a white, middle-class family where home was beautifully decorated, her mother kept herself beautiful. But behind that veneer was a wild adopted brother who got into trouble with some minor crime, etc. She had 2 sisters who did do some minor modelling. Both were great women. I just found out 1 of her sisters died of breast cancer...at age 50.

I was from a poor family where nothing matched at home and my mother was exhausting herself as a full-time housewife for a big family.

We found each other's world abit interesting.

Knowing her, gave me a step into another world, other circles of (more distant) friends which were her friends similar to her. But it wasn't a world I felt totally at ease, so I never penetrated it for a long time in my teens.

I think our friendship became deep because each of us were willing to move in and out from each other's world to learn more about ..each other.

I also found out via her, how some attractive but quite intelligent women are treated by others, which wasn't always positive /morally uplifting. It only confirmed for me, that it's just an incredible waste of time to steer one's behaviour towards others based on another's person's outside visage / skin colour /etc.

So much good, potential talent and skill, is then overlooked.

Though the friendship is lost now, we probably left a small imprint on each other forever in a way, that made myself and her, better individuals. (Geez, this sounds like a sad soliloquy.)

I'm certain quite a numnber of other women here, would not be intimidated by you...since many are accomplished themselves...but come from very different walks of life.