Humlan, You said, "enough is enough." From what you say, it is enough!
I have always been how I am now. I was born this way, I guess.
I have had extensive therapy though. I've the idea that if you try once to STICK TO YOUR IDEA of what is right, practise makes perfect! Why not try to stick to your guns and take the risk? What do you have to loose? Maybe those who disrespect you will be upset, even leave your life, but do you need those who disrespect you in your life?

It is not easy, I think, to stick to your guns about your feelings and beliefs. However, our feelings, our heart, is what makes us who we are and separates us from others. Our heart is our voice, our real voice.

Have heart! Yes, our minds are needed by if we stick to what our heart says, we will learn more, meet more interesting people and have a life that is lived from our center.

My mother never told me what to do. She told me "Follow your heart," and I did. I made mistakes and I made good things too, like everyone else. But...I have no regrets, maybe because I followed my heart.

I do not know you, Humlan, but you seem like a soulful woman. You do yoga, you meditate, you are in touch with things others just don't bother reaching for. All that is left is for you to follow those things that come to you in your meditation!

I hope this makes sense. I don't know what you job is, so I can't say what is happening there. I am only getting to know you, so I can't give good ideas about what you can do until I know more about you.

But if your child is disrespecting you, it is my opinion that it has to stop. I have two sons who went through periods of growing pains and became short with me. I refused to take part in their lives at those times and let them make their own mistakes. If they did not want my advise, I did not give it. I back up and lived my own life. Sure enough, they came back to me and did need advise.

Kids are like toddlers all their lives:
They run ahead and do all they can do and when they get scared they come running back for your help and to feel safe. Let them run and when they find life is too hard on their own, cutting you out, they will return if you do not engage in any petty fighting and games they want to play.

Then again, Humlan, I'm an Italian/French mother, I'm a bit stubborn.

dancer

"Question your privilege"