I'm going to do some thinking about when to make the trip.
My Mom called me today for another reason but brought up my trip. She said she had called a person in Denmark to tell them about my Dad's passing. She said they asked her when she was going to come over for a visit. I find that hard to believe as she has never visited these particular people before. Sometimes she plays games with me (her way of communicating without really coming out and saying what she means). Anyway she said she may go over in the summer and she told me they said April (when I had planned to go) was the nicest time of year to visit.

My parents went over every year for years so she knows what the weather is like. Just wondering, how would you take this. Is this her way of saying that she knows I want to go on my own. Or was she waiting for me to say something because she wants to go when I go.

I said I don't know when I am going now as I don't even have my passport yet and that takes months. There are big line ups due to the new laws with travelling to the US.

I just wondered (even though you don't know my mother) where she may be coming from with this. I am unsure.
Unfortunatly there is a communication problem between my Mom and myself. She often beats around the bush leaving me guessing about what she means. This is one of the reasons why I have a hard time communicating with her.

My Mom in a nutshell: If you agree with everything she says you are in her good books. If you disagree she can't handle it and gets really angry. She will refuse to talk about the subject and will leave the room, house etc. in a huff. Not the easiest person to talk to. My Dad and I would agree to disagree and laugh about it, my Mom can't handle it at all if you have a different opinion and she will refuse to talk to you further. Then she stops calling me and gives me the silent treatment, usually for a week or more. I always talk to her in a respectful way, never raise my voice, always try to get along with her. What I do if I can't handle her anger is to go really quiet or change the subject and then leave. Not the best but I can't get anywhere with her unless I do or say what she wants.

I am trying to take the high road with this situation.
Kate