I understand it and she isn't doing anything about it anyway. She turned down the offer, just not ready. I really think it depends on your situation, if you were close to your spouse etc. Also, if you require companionship. I think any children, adult or not find it difficult to accept that their parent would even think about dating after their spouse passes on.

That said, I would like my Mom to be happy so would accept it eventually. She has talked more about it and said she is not interested. Maybe he is not the right person, or maybe she prefers her woman friends. It's a personal choice.

I don't think she is crude. I have actually let go of most of my anger towards her. I am currently reading a book on losing a parent when you are an adult and it says anger is normal. Sometimes it is anger at the remaining parent, sometimes it is at the doctor, another family member etc. It's all a stage in the process of healing. I did not want to be angry with my Mom and have managed to work through most of it. Thank goodness. I do not want to feel guilty when she goes as it will be too late to do anything about it. I have no regrets when it comes to my Dad, and I don't want to have any when my Mom goes.
Kate