Well, I have very strong opinions on it - and great fear of the longterm ripple effect. I think that p is an insidious spiderweb of silent but deadly darkness that is slowly creeping into epidemic proportion. I think its real danger is that it increasingly numbs the viewer to the dehumanization of women (and children - in fact, all human life) and by the sheer numbers of those addicted to it, gives implicit permission to take that dehumanization into the "real world".

I think that there are men who might never have chosen the behaviours and actions that they did if they hadn't believed that those were sanctioned in their minds - and where do they get that sanction? By watching others - an ever-increasing number of others - doing the same thing. Perhaps there's a cyber-gang mentality at play, I don't know, but I think that the more they're exposed to, the more normal it becomes and the more other men that they know are participating, the more permissible it must also become in their minds.

I think that men, especially younger men who play violent video games from an early age and then "graduate" to full-scale p, eventually become dangerously desensitized and incapable of separating the fantasy world from the real world.

Edited by Eagle Heart (12/06/07 12:37 AM)

(Maya Angelou)