Celtic, I have been under the impression that hypnotherapy is not good for the client/patient when the client/patient is being rushed and pushed into remembering. I can agree with hypnotherapy as a part of regular talk therapy, but not INSTEAD of talk therapy. As you said, an additional tool. Yes, you said it well, that a patient/client has to be able to have an established rapport and trust with the therapist. Dancer shared that she was given hypnotherapy to remember her witness to a murder. I imagine that sudden, forced remembering could be a shock to the system. Hey, Gimster, I wonder if whomever told you that hypnotherapy opened the door for the devil to come in were in a conspiracy to make sure you did not remember what they did not want you to remember. Hypnotherapy in its clear form has nothing to do with good and evil, or religion. Like Celtic said, it is a tool to help a person get in touch with herself, in additional to more gentle approaches, such as talk therapy. As far as our generation and suicide, I heard that news too. Do you remember "duck and cover" drills? I was in only 3rd grade, and we had to hear a siren, then duck under our desks and cover our heads with our arms, in case the communists dropped on bomb. Talk about the end of the world! Yikes! Talk about scared to death. No wonder I did not think I would live past my teens! And today, kids have to worry that a gunman will come into the school. Not some abstract communist event, but the gunman may even be someone they are going to school with. We did not have metal detectors in our school. We had hall monitors that scouted the lavatories for those smoking pot! You know, illegal or not, smoking pot seems much more benign than carrying guns to school

Edited by Princess Lenora (12/15/07 01:55 AM)