It sounds like to me that LW is ALL ABOUT ME. A child misbehaves over and over....because they can.

You know I love you so take this in the spirit with which it is intended. Don't be an enabler for LW.

He is 25. What were YOU doing at 25? He is a man. He has served his country. Did he do what he wanted to in the military? I think not. They made his follow the military rules.

Now its time for LW to follow societies rules. If you play, you must pay. With growth of one's self comes responsibilities. If you were a high-wire entertainer and you had a safety net (YOU and YOUR HUSBAND and your home) would you worry about your performance? Nope.

You have to love them enough to let them fall. Call it tough love, call it discipline, call it whatever you want to. He is a man. This is no longer your responsibiity. He isn't hurting, bad off, or anything else. He can work, he can earn a living, he can find a place to stay. It might not be the best in the world, but that's the price he has to pay until he can LEARN and DO better.

You and your husband's job as parents teaching a child are DONE. Now before everybody jumps on me, I didn't say LOVING HIM is done, I said TEACHING him.

It is HIS life now. Let him fall so that he knows how to get back up. Otherwise, you are his legs from now on...are you willing to do that? Doesn't sound like it to me. And I wouldn't be either.

Tell him he has one week to get rid of the truck; otherwise, it is going to the dump. PERIOD. DO NOT BACK UP...DO NOT PASS GO.

I have a friend in a similar situation and I've watched over the years as this child has sucked her dry...mentally, spiritually, and physically. The "child" is 38 now and still doing the same thing. If the parent (my friend) starts to try the tough love on the child, the child suddenly comes down with some disease you've never heard of....uh huh...sure. That child has "almost died" about 22 times since I've known her and she is one of the healthiest people I know. And smartest. She knows just how to pull her Mother's strings. Heart strings...that is.

Love him enough to let him fall. He'll learn to walk again. I promise.