I think the comment about husbands who don't listen hit a nerve! Hot topic. We have a temperature/time gadget on the table that is between our recliners. We can both be sitting in our chairs, with the time gadget between us, and he will say, "What time is it?" I don't respond, at all. I grew up in a blame game household, so I understand what it is you are talking about. MH does not do that. But I did the first years of marriage. Whatever went wrong, it had to be somebody's fault. Let's say we ran out of milk. Let's say he sticks his head in the fridge and says, "We have no milk" and I would say, "That's because YOU drank it all." Doesn't matter that I used it on my cereal. One day he said to me: "Why does everything wrong happen to be somebody's fault. Sometimes, it is what it is." Great lesson for me! Meredith, I could not live with a nag. Actually I did in my first so-called marriage, and that nearly did me in! And, it's funny-weird that he remembers everything if it is convenient for him, because I know many men don't remember. However, MH for example can recite every lyric from every song of The Grateful Dead. He can retain and recite sports score infinitly. LJ, if I am in a project I can't turn to something else. Just now, he was entertained how a bottle of beer fit perfectly into a certain glass. He's sharing that brilliant piece of life-affirming information with me as I am trying to write a post. Plus, of course, the TV is on and the dryer is rattling. That's too much for my comprehension simultaneously.