My husband just bought a book on poisonous plants growing in the house garden….Just wanted to let you all know, just in case I should mysteriously disappear from the screen.

I got to tell you all a true story.

A few years ago Hubby and I were invited to dinner at my stepbrother’s house. It was one of those chilly atmospheres that slam right into your face as soon as you step over the threshold. Obviously husband and wife just had a heated argument. Neither one was willing to talk,…not even to us.

Hubby just whispered under his breath to me, "We’ll just eat and go."

My stepbrother is a fantastic gourmet cook, and we didn’t want to miss that for the world…silence or no silence. After dinner we all plumped down in the living room to have an after dinner cocktail. I was tired of trying to keep up the conversation, and at that point joined the others in silent cocktail drinking.

Out of the dark silence, suddenly my stepbrother piped up with, “ Do you know how to commit the perfect murder?”

I looked over at his wife, who squirmed uncomfortably in her seat.

“No,” I said. “Do you know how?”

My stepbrother is an internist so I figured he would come up with some medical concoction to mix. But no, it was simpler then that.

He said if you cut cat hairs real short and add them daily to the victim’s meal, preferably soup, they will ball up in the stomach, since they can’t be digested, and the person will die. And the marvellous thing about it, he added, is that even an autopsy can’t discover the cause.

As if on cue, his wife got a horrible coughing fit, and ran out of the living room. Hubby and I both jumped up together and said, “sorry,…but we must really go.”

Meanwhile they are divorced,…and yes, both are alive and kicking.….At the time I would have laid bets that she wouldn’t survive a year. Am I ever glad I was wrong.