Lady Jane,
I'm going to be a weird one here, but I understand him! You know how you just can't WAIT to try a make up product? Or you fall in LOVE with a piece of clothing? How about how you HAVE to have your hair look ok for that party? It's what makes you a woman and how you feel, well, "girly!"

Well, men have their things that make them feel "boyey!" They need things that tap the little boy in them and make them remember times when they were stronger or in a job that might have been more challanging!

My husband is a retired sniper, who worked for the Navy, the Coast Gaurd, and the DEA. He is used to being on HIGH alert and missing NOTHING. He is a man who sees a crime taking place in our neighborhood and "speaks police," to help them aprehend the suspects! I kid you not, he finds crimes taking place like I spot a fine frock! The people who live around us ask for his help and he can find their stolen car and who stole it!

To do this, he has toys he does not really need. He has HIGH powered flashlights, not one, but one in the living room, the car, the upstairs bedroom, and another room in our home! ALL of them are professional and NEVER will they need to be used but he needs them! They make him feel ready! He hates video games, and deplores men who play them yet he secretly plays ONE, one for law enforcement!
And he HAD to have that game, let me tell you, it would not wait a day when a detective told him about it!
You see? It makes them feel like MEN! LOL.

It's cute and funny and in my case, I can be found no matter where I go, even Honduras! In your case, well, no evil helicopter will EVER attack at YOUR house, right?

LOL, I get it.

dancer

"Question your privilege"