Ok, girls, here is the latest scoop on my Olympics playing DIL…and family.

She didn’t make the team. We are still proud that she made it this far. Geez, I wouldn’t have even made it to being the ball boy. But I have some thoughts, that I need to talk about.

It was already obvious last September that my DIL didn’t make it. She wasn’t with the team once for their international games. My son saw that; we all did…and he spoke to her about it, but she hung on to her dream.

How can a mother not take her child for a year because of an unreachable dream? She is wonderful when she is with her daughter, but sometimes I get the creepy feeling her daughter is like a toy for her or just an item to show off with.

Well, mid- April the volley ball contract is over in Switzerland, and my DIL will take Anaiya and go back to Muenich. …Right. ….I wish. I got to add that my DIL could have played those 4 months in a team near Muenich, but prefered Switzerland. If she had played in Muenich, she could have had her daughter with her! I don’t understand her decisions. Doesn’t it make you doubt how good a mother she is?

My son and his wife have serious problems and are talking divorce. The real complication lies in where will Anaiya go. Naturally we all say to the mother…but this mother seems to have other priorities. It breaks my heart for Anaiya. Hubby and I are seriously considering offering our son that if it should come to a court battle, which it will, that we will take Anaiya. Only then would he ever have a chance of keeping his daughter. On the other hand;…What are we doing? We really got to think this through, and ask ourselves if we want to give up our independent lives forever.

I wish and pray the two stubborn heads would just reconcile and move on with their lives together. Please pray for our little Anaiya, and that the best will be done for her. Otherwise our little precious angel will probably live in Florida, with a family where we all have big concerns of what will become of her.