Hannelore, this is so sad. I don't know what to tell you. Why do you say Anaiya could end up in FL? I didn't understand that. Is that where the mother might go? I'm thinking along the lines that your son could maybe get custody, since your dil hasn't proven to be much of a mother. Maybe he couldn't get custody, but could if the court knew he was going to live with you and you would be there to help him. I'm wondering if your dil even wants custody. Maybe she doesn't. She hasn't wanted the responsibility of the child so far. It would be a cruel thing to do to the child to take her away from her grandparents and move her somewhere far away at this point.

It is very difficult to take on the raising of a child at this time in your life. One of my best friends is doing it and I can see the strain it puts on her and her husband (and not monetarily) I think if/when it comes down to it and if there is a choice to be made, you won't give her up. Little Anaiya is in all our prayers here, that's for sure. Oh, and you too, of course.