Goodmorning my friends. Well, it’s morning here. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for just being there and sharing your thoughts and concerns with me.

Just to answer a few questions: Yes, my son would want custody, and yes the only way he would get it is if Hubby and I take Anaiya during the week. We would probably have to sell out house, and move near our son in Muenich. An ideal situation would be a two family house, but the prices in Muenich are equivalent to NY prices. We would never be able to afford that. Another thing; Anaiya may resent us later in life for taking her away from her mommy. I couldn’t live with that.
Gims, I’ve heard of arbitrators in the US. I love the idea of the child having a representative.
Humlun, those are exactly my thoughts. We are too old for this. And those teenage years cost a lot of strength and stamina. I don’t think we could or should take on such a responsibility. But if worse comes to worse, we feel we should help our son. I can’t imagine him being single for the rest of his life. Someday he would probably remarry and create a patchwork family.
Dee, legally my DIL isn’t allowed to take Anaiya back to Florida, where my DIL’s family lives. But if she wanted to, then she is able to. And the only way a husband can get his child is by hiring a private detective. Oh brother. I don’t really want to paint the walls black…and I’m hanging on to every little sign that they might get together again.

This afternoon we will all visit my other son, DIL and baby. From the outside we all look like a story book family. (sad little chuckle here).
Still, my son and his wife are going through the motions of being an intact family. I can’t help but think if they are capable of doing that, maybe their love will rekindle. Right now, Danny, my son is baking vegetable lasagnes to bring to his SIL for her to put in the freezer. My DIL is dressing Anaiya and wants to take her shopping with her…and Hubby and I will take off to play a round of golf.

At least no fighting or nasty silences are happening. Maybe maybe there is hope. Thank you my dear friends for all your positive thoughts and prayers. I have a feeling they are truly helping.