Lola, I hear one side of the story from my DIL and then another side from my son. I don’t think either of them are being really honest with me…and it sometimes just wears me out. If we leave Anaiya out of the picture here,…I would say “ those two deserve each other.”….But hey…I don’t really know the real story, and I don’t think it would make a difference if I did.

Believe me, I have told both of them my opinion…and just like you said, I felt I had a right to. But the only one who felt good afterwards was me. They don’t really care what I say or think.

So far it looks like they may go to marriage counselling. I hope it isn’t too late, but being the born optimist…I hope for the sake of Anaiya, that they will get their act together.

Mountain Ash, I was a loving but consequential mother. I had a rough time raising my boys because my husband didn’t support me with the discipline end of things. He always wanted to be the good guy. That made it really tough for me, but I did it. Got to say MA, after I read your post, I tried to imagine dil’s hurt in losing her dream. You are right. There are always two sides to a story.

All I know is that Hubby and I have decided not to take Anaiya if they split. We both feel too old for raising a child. My son now knows this, and it may force him to try to reconcile, instead of using us in supporting a divorce.