Dear, Dear Hannelore,
I'm late to the party on this thread but you are such a kind woman, I wanted to give you my experience on this subject.
I have worked in the field of entertainment at the highest levels, you know, sort of achieving what your DIL was trying to do when she wanted to be a world class athelete.

What I know is that many of those who are world class entertainers are so narcisstic that they ignore their children and see them as a "thing," not even as little people!
I've seen them sacrafice their children at the feet of the altar of their "lifes dream," over and over again.

Eric Burdon of the Animals told me once when his adult daughter was in trouble that it was his fault for touring alll through her life.

Dr. John told me the same!

This sort of sacrafice is unthinkable but these sorts are determined to "make it," no matter who gets under thier wheels, you know?

This little girl is so, so, so blessed to have YOU! You and your husband are making the difference that so many children I know needed and did not recieve,

My thoughts are harsh, but come from knowing this sort of "gig."

If that selfish woman cannot stay and love her daughter, making her career second, she is better out of her life than to do the damage of making the girl feel like she is just "in the way!"

My son wrote an essay once as a senior in highschool. It said, "My mother gave up her career when she was at the top just to raise me." (among other things.)

You're damned right, I did. It was waiting when he was older so I waited!

I would do it again, and again, but I know these narcisstic people who sacrafice their wonderful children.

YOU and your husband are wonderful people and this little girls saviors.

Good for you, and you will feel the love from your work and devotion. Love from everyone, not just her. Loving is "catching," and spreads.

Thank you for loving this child, from a woman who was an artists sacrafice.

D9

"Question your privilege"