If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you. Having been through it, I know what you're feeling. It's been 5 1/2 years since we lost Teresa. Whenever an anniversary of her death comes around, my body tells me, even before my mind acknowledges the significance of the date. I noticed yesterday that I was feeling kinda down...didn't understand why, until I looked at the calendar and realized that it will be six months on Monday since the fifth anniversary of her death. Once I have cried for a few seconds, I regain control and go on with my life. But at times it hurts as much as the first day. The episodes just get shorter and further apart. You will never forget your child. You will feel your child's presence at family gatherings and other important activities that your child would have participated in if alive. That will be comforting to you. You can talk to your child in your mind, or out loud if you are alone. That is ok. It doesn't mean you are crazy. You may even hear the voice in your mind.
I wish I had more time to write to you today, but I'm on my way to work. But tomorrow I will check my email and reply if you have left me a message. My email is dmbarnes@nckcn.com if you wish to talk privately.
My prayers are with you.
God bless you.
Dixie