Hello, everyone! I would like to be late for work today so I can post to this forum! Loss is a very real, a very live, and a very devastating issue...Most of the time when we think of loss we think of death, but this is not the only area of loss that we experience in our lives! At birth, we suffer the loss of our safe cocoon, our water-world where we are safe and secure.And as life progresses, the losses mount. We lose the oneness with our mothers when we must share her with other siblings, we lose our childhood as we enter into adulthood, we lose our youth, we lose friendships, favorite rings, relationships, homes, spouses through divorce, we lose our parents and others through death. And at some point, we must face the fact and come to terms with moving into the winter of our lives and our imminent death. Not easy. I have set it in my mind this way: we don't enter into eternity when we die, we enter into eternity when we are born because we are suffering losses all along the way and we build up to that great final loss of the death of ourselves which is just an extension of the lifetime losses we've already experienced!
Now enough already! I'm off to work! Thanks for listening!
Rose