If a man/woman cheats and the partner knows and children are involved then what happens.?

Do the childen "try " harder and choose what they see as a stable partner rather than a soul mate?

Do they remain unmarried?

Do they become cheats?

What does it do for the partner if this is a serial thing?

Is there a tit for tat revenge ?
It was so sad at school when kids tried to process new Daddy/uncle thing.stepmother and Dad's girlfriend.
Some took it in their stride but at times I saw deep distress.And a personality change.A stand still in their development.
No one starts off with the intention I am sure.

I do fully believe where there is abuse then the woman should leave.Again as much for the offspring as herself.

And in the event of one partner needing the support many Boomers give and receive.How hard it must be to do the best when there is resentment due to past misdemeanors.
Forgiving ...is it possible if betrayal has happened.

I have experience .
My Mother divorced her husband my Father ,,he left when I was one.And had been on war work.I do not remember these days.I was blanketed into my mothers family with much love from my Grandparents.yet in adulthood I processed those aunts who disapproved that Mother had "done this" she indeed handed me fully over to her parents..or did she? It was unspoken .she died without me really knowing her as a mother.I am aware in many relationships I have tried to recreate a Mother/daughter bond which is IMPOSSIBLE.
In training I confronted many issues,,and because of my personality carried saddness inward.never sharing.Wise Grandparents knew me...and showed me ways to compensate.They had a daughter who died..I am named for her and in some ways that too was a pressure.
I reached my potential academicly and choose a route to helping many..so in life we compensate (I believe)
I met a soul mate (after a few frog kissing) and together we have a home/family.
No one has a ideal childhood.I have listened and observed many many others.
But
we have choices and many agengies exist for supporting families. Starting with those in our vicinity then schools...churches and self help groups.
In giving we receive..
Mountain ash