I would not say that things are getting easier, just less painful. I still miss him and do pray for him every night, pray that he is happy. He is always on my mind and I love it when I dream of him and remember it. Those dreams are so nice. I can hear him and the things he would say at certain times. I do believe he is with me in spirit. When I got over the shock and anger of him leaving I finally calmed down and now find comfort in knowing he is still around me, I just can't see him.

Yes my mother, she is the most judgmental person I know. She comments on absolutely everything other than the important stuff, what the person is like on the inside. It's all about appearances, what will people think etc. When she goes some where and calls me I have to hear all about their terrible outfits, hair doos, etc. drives me crazy. But, if she can find some happiness so be it. She drove my Dad crazy and as a result missed out on being close to him. She needs some male attention big time.

She never mentions my boyfriend. I did think about the day when she wants to introduce me to hers. I thought about how I should tell her "I will meet yours when you meet mine"
But, I will take the high road. She is missing out and that is her problem, not mine.

Yes, poor children. Very few end up in a better situation than what they had. It's so sad. Seems hard to avoid though in our culture. At least they have company if it does happen to them. I know in my circle of friends it is hard to find parents still on their original marriage. Kids just seem to get used to it. But it does have a negative affect on them, no getting around it.
Kate