Dotsie, there are some support groups. Unfortunately, what I've found has been a little bit, way too late. A last-minute, pull-out-all-the-stops effort I tried, after all marraige counseling failed was to go through Retrovaille, which is sponsored by the Catholic Church. We were both raised in the church, so I figured it would at least be a good try.

It didn't work. But you are right in that there are few groups (at least from what I found) that are out there to help support and educate couples in maintaining their marriage. Not to sound sarcastic, but the Catholic Church for all of their preaching about the sanctity of marriage, had very little in the way of marital education except for what they call Pre-Cana (pre-marriage counseling, the stuff you get when you have the "love jones" any way and think it's "forever") and Retrouvaille, which is only for severely distressed marriages.

It's sad I think. If there are such groups out there, I sure didn't find them 7 or 8 years ago! When I went through all of this, I felt as if even close family members and friends didn't want to "interfere," that it was a personal problem they had no business to butt into. Still, divorce affects not only the couple but an entire family, kids (even adult kids) suffer. I know mine have to make decisions that annoy them like which parent to spend a holiday with. That's just so wrong in my book. And in my case, I have two kids making careers out of it. One has a doctorate in family communications with a focus on post-divorce families and one is majoring in psychology with an emphasis on addiction studies. She wants to be an addictions counselor. My hopes and prayers are that they find ways to work with people whose relationships are damaged.