Yes, Dotsie, I feel my job is to pour love on to her. Beyond that I play it by ear each time I visit her.

Chick, I talk to my mom once a week unless there's an emergency - it's long distance, and my husband and I are on a tight budget. Her mind isn't what it once was, so I only share some of what I'm reading with her. She's not a person whose into reading or grasping new concepts. She never was.

I mentioned the angels Sunday when I talked to her. Off and on in the past, I've talked to her about what it might be like to die. She's been expecting to die for a while now. Her heart is bad. She's not afraid. She's ready. She's never seen an angel, or so she tells me. But one time when as I woke up I saw an image of Mom standing beside my bed. She was wearing a scarf, and a pink cardigan sweater and was caring her purse. When I talked to her after, that I asked her if she remembered dreaming about visiting me. She didn't remember it. But I think she may have been having a small stroke at the time. After that her mind was not as clear. She has never been one to remember her dreams. She is very religious, but at that time did not believe a person could see spirits. I've been trying to gently open her mind to it for some time. I've told her of other people I know who see them, including me.

Dianne, seeing angels can be so comforting. I'm so glad your aunt told you about it. I was raised to believe that we couldn't see such things, that that ability died out when Jesus' apostles died. But I love it when they appear to me. It is so cool.

Tonight I heard from my brother-in-law. Hospice comes tomorrow. Thank God. Thursday they were supposed to talk to the oncologist about hospice. Dan told him they couldn't wait. They got a portapotty today for beside the bed, so he doesn't have to try to get her to the bathroom in the middle of the night. He's afraid his back is going to go out. Tomorrow hospice will bring a small wheel chair and talk to them.

In addition to Anita's regular pain killers they are now giving her methadone. I do hope the good Lord takes her peacefully, soon. I realize it is not my timing .... but God bless everyone involved. They are so tired and stressed.

There is so much to be learned from something like this. It's invaluable. Before my mom's last husband died, I learned a tremendous amount about Alzheimers. The poor man would get so frustrated. He loved to talk, and he couldn't get the words out. He hated living like that. He told me so on several occasions before the last of his words failed him. Thankfully, his heart took him before he had to be institutionalized.

Life has so many beautiful lessons. A lot of them are accompanied by pain. And for me at least, I know I wouldn't learn them nearly as well without that pain.

My love to all of you dear sisters. Thanks for your ongoing prayers and support.