Hi Vicki, don’t want to cover your new post…but I don’t know where else to post this.

We took Anaiya on her first pony ride today. By chance we found the most beautiful romantic farm that offers overnights for kids who want to learn how to ride. It was a child’s paradise. Not only do they have a half a dozen barns painted in bright yellow and white; they are full of little spotted horses. Goats, donkeys, chickens, pigs….you name it…walk around in large penned areas, and they all have babies! The children are allowed to hold feed and cuddle. They also had a beautiful pasture and lovely barn, where old animals grazed. It was a senior home for old horses, donkeys, and even pigs!

By whim a child can take “his/her” pony for a ride on endless trails leading through dense forests, over meadows and rolling hills…all with a gorgeous view over the Bavarian lakes.

They gave Anaiya a little helmet, and the reins in my hands, and off we went; over hill over dale…we hit that dusty trail. She was in heaven, and mastered “whoa” and “giddyup” as if she were an “old” 5 year old.

The place was bursting with children. Over the grounds they had huge trampolins under big oak trees; Pony riding swings, big enough to swing 4 children at once…I could go on and on.

My question is; in this paradise for children, there were only little girls! Why is that? I asked one of the counsellors, and she said boys are welcome, but they hardly ever have any come.

They didn’t want a penny from us. Can you imagine? Well, needless to say we will be back. Tonight Anaiya ended her prayer with “whoa” instead of “Amen”.