Thanks Dotsie, Francine and JJ for sharing your insights and experiences.

I was being facetious about the harps - resorting to a stereotype. I'm sure Anita is not bored. I'm sure she's doing fine and visiting everyone. But even though supposedly there is no time there, still, after a while, just hanging out with loved ones would get boring. Sitting around blissfully doesn't work either.

I was okay with the idea of living blissfully ever-after after my dad died - the hanging out idea. But after my boyfriend,Gary, died, I really got to wondering - what is he doing now...or now...or now. He was such an important part of my daily life, that I wanted to know. So I asked him. He communitcated with my spiritual teacher, Elaine. She shared what he said with me. I had visions and dreams of him in places I'd never seen. Of course, there was no way to verify any of it. That's the way it is with everything, really.

I've studied a lot of religions. Each has it's own belief about what the soul goes through after the body dies. It's fascinating. What comforts me the most is what I learned from a little seagull who so loved to fly. In his story when we passed from this existence we went on to another one where we could learn and grow, and on to another and another and so on. It works for me. But I still want to know what my loved ones are doing now...and now...and now.

The fact that they no longer have to deal with the violence and fear on the planet comforts me. My dad, my sister, my grandparents, friends I've lost over the years, I'm so very grateful that they no longer have to deal with all this stuff.

And I'm glad I'm still here so I still have a chance to make a difference.

Vi