All your entries are so meaningful.

Lynne, I do hope you are okay. Can I help in someway? I'm sending my love to you right now. It must have been hard to bring the awful news to your friend. Wrenching, trying to find the right words.

The most difficult time I ever had in sharing my compassion was when I was hurting from the news as well. It was directly after my brother committed his horrid crimes - murdering his neighbors - that I've talked about before on this site. My dad had called me while I was out. My husband told me the bad news. So he and I went to be with my parents. They were broken, and it broke my heart even further to know there was nothing I could do to take away their pain. They were such good people. So I was there. I listened, I prayed. But it was oh so hard.

How about other stories anyone would like to share, times when you helped someone or someone helped you, times that stayed with you. I'm sure we can all learn from your experiences. These days, with times being what they are, if we can pool our knowledge and wisdom, we will all be the better for it.

Vi