Wow!

No wonder I was drawn to this place. I don't know if I can add another word to these heart-felt and obviously thought about posts.....Vi, such a thinker you are!!!....A treasure for sure.

I will try tho', just so I can get my 2 cents in as usual - I think every one of you are right. Compassion - in my personal dictionary: the ability to take on another's misery in thought - to understand where their misery is born, and to be a place of comfort, without judgement. Just engaging with that individual is often enough - validation is a word that should be used more often. How often have we wished that someone would validate how we feel? To say that what we are feeling is legitimate, real, and true? That we are not , indeed, crazy, or "making up stuff", that we are not "hysterical", as history often portrays us women - What a person feels, be it man or woman, always needs that validation. "you are counted" is my explanation for compassion....Your opinions, your thoughts, your pain, your feelings about all things are counted and are noted as important in the Book of Time...............

Search

PS Just to say also that compassion does not in my interpretation, mean becoming that person - I believe that upholding your own personal values is the only way to helping anyone else- to give that person the strength to uphold their own values.............just to add the strength.