Gims, I get that urge so often, which is why I relish those little getaways. My hubby and I have always been open about this, and I think he understands my need to have time to go and do what I want.

Now, his proposal - kind of funny. We had been living together for 7 years, and were on a little weekend getaway in Big Bear. I had won it in a contest at work for most ad sales, otherwise we couldn't afford to take trips like that.

We had a nice dinner, then he walked me out onto the pier overlooking the lake in the moonlight. He was really quiet for a bit, and then he looked me in my eyes and asked me to marry him. Well, I'm sorry, but it had been so long of living together that I was shocked, and I laughed and said "Are you kidding?". But he was sincere - and the poor guy never does anything romantic, so I guess I messed it up for him.

We went shopping later for our rings; must have cost about $350 for my set and his band. We're not into diamonds or jewels at all. In fact, I get upset if he spends lots of money on jewelry for me, so he has learned to get me other gifts. Diamonds do NOT make a marriage, as you can see by our 7 years of being together, followed by 25 years of marriage.

Gims, where do you live? We should plan a little girls getaway!

Kathy