He came to my place of work, from the north of Sweden. I was recently divorced from my husband of 32yrs. He had split up from the mother of his child..about 3 yrs before. He was not married to her. We started messaging on our cell phones about all sorts of silly things and serious things. We both love Metallica. And he could see no reason heavy enough for war...And then about 4 months later..a cold dark January nite..about 8yrs ago..about 2:30 am (we are both night owls)..he suddely wrote: (in Swedish) I think I love you. It caught me totally off guard..and it took me the rest of the nite, before I answered him. The following summer, I found my apartment..had been living in a friend´s son´s apartment..he was a national hockey player..and my partner moved in with me. And here we are..together still..but not married. This is quite normal here in Sweden. I had been married. Done that. Didn´t want to do it again.

Freedom..? The freedom he gives me is total. I can be myself..he loves me for the mistakes I make along the way..because this makes me more human and loveable. He is a man from the north of Sweden..and they keep alot to themselves..or so they say here. I don´t really have to travel to find prime time for myself..it´s totally accepted here at home. If we go for latte at our favorite cafe.he will talk about everything and anything. He is well read and keeps up with current news. We make our latte at home often,too. It´s a process starting with grinding our own coffee beans. And ending with whipping up the special milk for this purpose.

He is endowed with a very positive and balanced outlook on life..so he helps put my 2 feet on the ground when life gets to be too much..and I start loosing it. I have 4 kids in this life (and 1 more in the other)..and 4 grandkids..so there is alot in my life to tip the scales for me now and again.

He is 35 and I am 61..and I have ever experienced the freedom that I know with him and the love..just for being me.

I bless the day he found me. And we live life together one day at a time..well..mostly he does. I am the neurotic wink in our relationship..but, as I said..that´s ok smile

It´s been fun remembering..makes me warm all over smile

PS..and we still message to one another during our day..since then we have both changed jobs..and now we work at different places..he with school children and me, with preschoolers.