Hi, everyone. Just joined. I'm a Registered Dietitian. I take 1,000 IU of vitamin D3, Centrum Silver, 1,000 mg fish oil, probiotic every day. As to the fish taste...keep trying until you find one you can tolerate. Actually, Costco brand is pretty good. It's really an important supplement for everyone. D3 should be mandatory. None of us gets enough sunshine (that's the way our bodies make vitamin D) and as we age our bodies are less able to make it so taking a supplement is extremely important. I take a probiotic (containing pre and probiotics) because I have read the science and I believe it is an important supplement to take for immunity, gut health and lots of other issues. The Centrum is just my little insurance pill. The research is a little iffy on taking vitamin E as a supplement. And vitamin C supplementation is a bit overrated. E, however, has been shown to be potentially unhealthy when taken as a supplement although the amount in a multi is okay. I believe one poster asked about Calcium and D...one of the roles of vitamin D is to help calcium be utilized by the body so, yes, very important. That's why milk has vitamin D added to it. But for all the other functions of D in the body, a supplement is truly necessary. Over supplementing can be a dangerous thing...especially if you are taking other medications. Supplements are medications. They are not without their dangers.