When I started working with my holistic MD, he did a saliva test as one of the first items on the list. One of my biggest "complaints" was that I felt I had been run over by a big truck...when the results came in, he said "no surprise!". My testosterone was way to high, my progesterone too low, my thyroid whacked (although at least 5 other doctors didn't think so), my adrenal pattern was off the charts.

Then he checked the Vitamin D...and it was whacked too. Guess there were a few good reasons that I was exhausted and in chronic pain, eh?

What bugs the bejeebers out of me is that I've been going to doctors for years and they've said "no, we can't find anything". Then this guy looks at my tests and says why haven't you been on thyroid supplementation for the last 20 years!

There are times when I really struggle to remind myself that all things happen in the right time. I would have "preferred" to spend the last 20+ years in less pain, I'll admit it!

And yes, Dotsie, that is what I'm seeing on Vitamin D too. In addition, my doc says most women in our age group are low, or borderline on it and almost all Midwesterners are low on iodine too.

Such a complex "machine" our bodies!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!