Originally Posted By: jawjaw
you miss it and that signals your brain who LOVES to maintain the status quo, or routines, to get back into it.

Take drinking water, for instance...I don't like to do it, and it can be so bla...but once I make it a part of my daily routine, and the more I drink, the more I actually begin to crave it and can't wait to have another 8 ounces. Fresh fruit is another example. If you try having a piece of fresh fruit around 9ish in the morning, and/or between 2-4 in the afternoon, you will find that if you skip it, your body/mind is going, "Where the H is my fruit!!!!"

Just take ONE change and see if this doesn't hold true for you. Thanks Orchid for that reminder!

That's so great jawjaw, about lovin' something like water and fruit zs part of lifestyle and habit. This past summer I started to become...a fruitbasket and am still going at it. I'm NOT sure why ...because for many years before that, I was a pedestrian eater of fresh fruit. I bought abit more fruit during local fruit harvest seasons because of the pricing and freshness.

But this summer, my partner and I spent double the amount of our food bill on twice as much more fresh local raspberries (British Columbia produces the high volume of raspberries in all of Canada), blueberries, blackberries, peaches (I rarely bought peaches before), cherries, apricots (oh yummers), etc. This year I started to notice some of the wonderful varieties of local grapes --champagne grapes, concord, etc. We went crazy. If I wash a pint of berries and leave it in the strainer to drain for the whole afternoon. 1/2 of it is eaten...by me...it's just dangerous to leave easy-to-eat fresh fruit out on the counter for me now. laugh
I mean easy-to-eat, no extra peeling, no messy hands, etc.

And overall in the past 12 months, because of the false but necessary diabetes 2 scare that I had on my blood sugar tests, I've cut back on white rice consumption by 50%. It's all casual, I just have replaced this grain with lower carb, light Asian pasta. (less heavy than Italian-style pasts which I no longer buy. But will order handmade Italian pasta, ie. handmade ravioli or gnocchi at a restaurant). I don't think too much about this latest change, because I still eat noticeably Asian which informs alot of my diet long-term.