My dh and I laugh when we see the commercials for eharmony. He'll say "That doesn't work, does it?" That's how we met!

Almost five years ago I signed up for eharmony. I had the same as the OP, no matches. I thought, "Well, that's just great. Even in cyberland there's no one?!" Dh, on the other hand, was receiving matches from hundreds of miles away (he had specified a 50 mile radius)with absolutely nothing in common.

So, New Years Eve of 2003 I'm home alone watching chick flick videos (Harry Met Sally, of course) and I get this match email. Wryly thinking, "NOW? Why couldn't this of come before so I could be on a date New Year's Eve?!" The rest is history: after email, phone, meeting in January, got married in June 2004.

It certainly doesn't work for everyone. I have several friends of varying ages that have tried eharmony and have had no luck.

Before I met dh, I also tried match.com. It can be fun if you play it very safe and weed the wackos out early on! One thing I remember about match.com was all the men my age looking for women half their age!