All of this about the windowsill reminded me of my 2-year-old grandson...he found my duster when he was here on New Year's Day and went around dusting everything in sight...my house never looked so clean! Guess it's almost time to invite them over again? LOL.

Cathi, we picked up some small shells and stones while strolling along the Mediterranean in Costa del Sol (Spain) at dawn one morning in October. Our travel day from Morocco the day before had been gruelling and it was such a delight to relax and breathe in the morning air. The shells were special momentos of that morning.

But at the airport in Madrid, we were over our luggage allowance and had to throw stuff away. I'm afraid the broken umbrellas and beach stones were the first to go.

I like your idea of a candle scape...it sounds very soothing, I would think the memories those rocks invoke would be instrumental in taking you to a "happy place". I wonder if they're like conch shells, if they hold the spirit/essence of the place where you found them.

(Maya Angelou)