Hi Chatty lady,

Sorry, I should have clarified that separation is also a consideration. Funny you mention the "dating game" again. During my original spell of counselling (on my own) the counsellor suggested the same thing. Unfortunately, I didn't follow her advice and like I said previously, our first attempt at separation was a farce.

If I do go ahead with the separation, I will definitely try that route again. Although I have to confess, I'm not convinced my feelings will change. Having read Danita's comment, she could be talking about my husband! I'm not convinced that his nice ways are sincere. My instinct is telling me it is another way of controlling me. You see, he basically LOVES money! I think he's doing everything in his power to "woo" me into not leaving him, which would mean splitting everything. My previous reference to "financial restrictions" was that basically my spending was restricted, however, his wasn't. A bit of unfairness to say the least. Plus, for the longest time he referred to it as his money. My name wasn't even on our bank accounts until I took him back (Jan. 2008. And THAT is after 23 years of marriage!

Anyway, I'm rambling (there is so many other factors in my situation, I could talk forever!)

I appreciate your comments.