Thank you Danita,

First of all, please feel free to say whatever is on your mind. Hearing that you have been married to a similar type person, it would be nice to "compare" notes.

As I've just mentioned to Chatty lady, you could have been talking about my husband!. In a way, I know he manipulated his way back into my life again. Unfortunately and embarrassingly, I fell for it, only because a close neighbor of mine had just died and I was going through a little bit of a vulnerable stage. I should have taken more time to think it over.

I have to admit that although I consider myself of normal intelligence, I still find it hard to believe that someone (especially a husband!) could treat me the way he did all those years ago. Yes, it could be classified as emotional abuse and in an effort to try and make things work, I know I should try and put that behind me, but it's very hard to forget it. Everytime I look at him, I see this horrible selfish person. This is what gets me, though...If, he is capable of being nice to me, as shown by his recent actions, why wasn't he able to treat me this way from the beginning? You know what I mean? It is just very suspicious to me.