Hi Expat!
I'm sorry you are in this position.
I've been divorced more than once, I've learned a lot. My aunt and uncle are attorneys.

Every divorce lawyer has his/her duty to tell you that saving your marriage is the best way. Every divorce attorney is advised to advise you to "play nice." There are certain ethics they maintain, at least here.

If you are certain, and I could not read the last page of posts because they would not come up, I would say, move legally, move fast and move sure. This is the way men divorce. They move fast, and they move legally. They talk amongst themselves as we are doing here and they turn off emotion and start to protect their assets.

You need to be your own tough lawyer. You need to tell your lawyer that your husband loves MONEY and you are not prepared to walk away with nothing. Have him lay out a plan and stick to that plan like it is everything to you. Don't try to out think your lawyer and don't fall for any talking, in fact, the less talking the better until legal papers are in place.

Things get ugly when they are drug out or if the woman does not protect herself soon enough. You need to be pro-active with this and think ahead. Have your attorney help you make the plan.

the man sounds to me like exactly what you are saying, not someone you can work things out with or want to work things out with.

Take care of YOU and YOUR CHILDREN, and be a bit ruthless about that. Some men forget their children when they start to pay child support.

How are things now?

Dancer9

Edited by dancer9 (01/24/09 09:10 PM)

"Question your privilege"