Hi Danita,

I do realize that in most cases divorce isn't what is best for the family unit, but in mine I believe it will have the opposite effect.

Because of the strained relationship between my two children and my husband, I truly think things will improve. During my first separation, the atmosphere at home was so much more relaxed. For all of us.

My son still lives at home and there are issues surrounding him,which no doubt have added to our problems. He is 18 and approximately 3 years ago, left school. One day he just refused to go and it was downhill from there. I managed to get him back for a while, but in the end, there was nothing I could do to make things better. I say "I" because hubby was already at work, which left me on my own to try an encourage him to go. The school was marvellous in going out of their way to accommodate him, but to no avail. He's been to several counsellors, with the last one diagnosing him with a severe social phobia. Although he liked the latest counsellor, the sessions ended abruptly when he refused to return.

During that period, due to all the tensions rising, there was a physical altercation between my husband and him, but although it's in the past and we carry on as normal, things haven't really been the same.

Thankfully, though, since August of last year, he has been making progress. Hubby has this notion that this change is due to us being back together, but I am not convinced. He seems to be more relaxed and open when hubby is not around.

In order to help him, I need to keep my spirits high, but lately it's been very hard for me to do that. I feel I am letting him down.

So, in addition to my own need to have "freedom", I honestly think it will help my son. My daughter moved out last July, and I can see the change in her.

If I can get the confidence I need to separate,in my heart, I do think it will be beneficial for all concerned.