Expat,
The Italians have some funny thoughts about marriage. For example, they say "You can't go back," meaning you can't get the feelings back, the passion back, towards something that has cooled.
They say "Marriages are made and broken in bed," meaning that is there is no passion, if there is no tenderness between two people, it's usually over.

You mentioned that you don't feel anything toward him so that brought to mind my Italian teachings! LOL. They turn out to be true so often!

They also say, in matters of love, "Follow your heart," so if your heart is not in it, in anything, for that matter, to them it's a waste of time.

I live this way. If I don't feel passion for something, I can't do it. If the passion is gone for me, it does not come back. Maybe bits and pieces now and again, but nothing lasting.

As I said in my post, all attorneys here in the US are told to first tell the people to try to fix their marriage or to ask if the marriage can be fixed. After this, they go ahead and represent you. So ~ Your lawyer is asking you if this marriage is completely broken.

Good luck and much support whatever you decide,

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"