Oh, and I agree with you Jabber. It doesn't have to be passion all the time, you do have to be friends. If you have that closeness and really enjoy each other's company, whether it be "vegging out" in front of the TV or doing something together, that definitely makes for a happy marriage. If I had at least that much, I certainly would be content. Oh yes, we all have our gripes, minor disagreements don't jeopardize marriages. But, I'm afraid I don't have that closeness/friendship. Years of his controlling ways have made me lose all the feeling I had for him. I do try and forget the past, but I can't shake it from my mind. He was totally unfair in doing what he did. He didn't treat me like his wife and the reason for that stems from his upbringing. His father treated his mother the same way, so he chose to continue the pattern, instead of breaking it.

But wait, listen to this! I'm reading a book at the moment and I just read a paragraph on this exact topic. I'll quote a few sentences..."I never thought you could have a best friend and a lover all rolled into one". "The best friend bit is the most important, because that's what lasts for always". That says it all, doesn't it?

Have a good night.