Hi everyone,
Been reading your comments.

Jabber, I'm glad you're happy. Your comments made me think, though. With all his faults, my husband has always been a stay at home man. But, by default, really. Because his work is his life, he has no friends. I've always tried to encourage him to contact an old school friend more regularly, but it never materialized. He's always kept to himself. There have been times I feel sorry for him, but it's his choice. I can't force him to socialize. A few years ago we did start going out with a friend of mine and her husband, but that is only once a year around Christmas time. The only other social activity we have is going to the movies. He's always been that way. I've always had to maintain my own social life, in order to keep my sanity. His job originally entailed working at night, so it was a bit limiting for him anyway. Now, it's reversed, but we still don't do much, except now we add watching TV to the agenda. I know that's not a bad thing, but it would be nice to be more adventurous at times. It's sad, really. He has no life in him, and I'm the opposite.

Yesterday I had a great day with my friend, laughter was high on the list. Because I was feeling on top of the world, and confident that I wouldn't cry, I decided to try and talk with my husband. Unfortunately, it backfired. Tears continued through the night. This morning, I also ended up staying in bed until 2:00 p.m. as I just couldn't be bothered. He wasn't speaking to me, anyway. Even though we tried again later on, we haven't resolved anything. To me, he still comes across as thinking about himself again, so it's hard for my message to sink in. I'm very frustrated at the minute and do not know where it will go from here. I'll keep you posted.