Young for both Dotsie and Chatty! Both successful too!

Dotsie, I had been on stage, on television, etc... since the age of 5 so yes, I had friends in the business and already had an agent. My parents wanted me to give the baby to his family and take the contract. They wanted me to forget what happened to me and my child and move on.

They were snobs, they are very wealthy and felt he was unworthy so far as a family for me to marry into. They did not know what happened to me at the time and so wanted me to marry and then divorce him or have the marriage annulled if possible to move on with my career.

They cut me off for a time to try to get me to leave my son. They refused to financially help me keep him. At one point my mother wanted her trustee to buy me a home and help me keep my son but the trustee overruled her thanks to my father and they did cut me off with regard to him.

They were trying to force me to take the contract and move to L.A. leaving my son behind never to look back.

I defied them and used my own money to hire an attorney and work it out so I could keep my son. There was no way I could have left my baby but they were like that: They saw no reason why I should "mix," with middle class people like they were and they didn't even know I was date raped at the time because if I had told there would have been violence. I was afraid of what my father would have done and was too kind to know he deserved anything my father dished out.

by the time all of it came out it was taken care of by myself and therapists and attorneys.

I was a hard worker and thank God, I was raised right because I did it all myself without ever doubting a thing I was doing. I didn't have the luck, I had the guts. The luck came from the wondeful son I had, he was and is a gift from God.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"