I walk around the mall...it's four-season, cool in summer and warm in winter, safe (no dogs, perverts or exhaust fumes [unless you count hubby's propensity for gas]) and lots to look at along the way.

Where we live is surrounded by industry/retail. Lots of traffic, lots of noise, lots of pavement. So we do tend to go elsewhere to walk, and usually combine it with errands.

As to what comes to mind when facing each season? Hmmm.

Spring - gardening, setting up the backyard to feed the critters, watching the evolution of colour in my perennial garden...crocuses, violets, daffodils, grape hyacinths, tulips...glorious!

Summer - colourful capris and visiting hubby's family way up north - nice, sunny but not as brutally hot as here.

Fall - usually we try to do our major traveling during the fall. Also planting more bulbs so we can have more crocuses, violets, daffodils, grape hyacinths and tulips next spring!

Winter - hibernation. Long johns. Hot homemade soups. Cuba for six weeks where we can walk on hot sunny beaches instead of slip-sliding along dangerously icy sidewalks!

And now that I have my Wii Fit, I can exercise whenever I want, no matter what the weather. Nice.

(Maya Angelou)