I too would like the definition of a "bad Marriage" explained. Of course, that cannot be done because each individual expereience has it's own definition.

I am in a marriage that I am am questioning just that. It is "too bad to stay and too good to go". I was very disrespected by my husband (broke our partnership, while I was away on vacation with my 23 yr old duaghter= hired someone to do my work in our business.) That was one year ago and I have been searching out my new "career" and looking at my options at age 53 and coming up with nothing too exciting.

I am recently wondering if the trust was so broken in my heart that I simply cannot forgive. I am wondering why I think being angry willhelp me move forward and I cannot come up with the answer. He has apologized several times asking me what he can do show me that he loves me. He is happy. I am depressed and still sad that I cannot seem to find that passion for life, work etc.

I have hired a Life coach and I do not know if that will help. They are very expensive...but this is one "career' that I have thought I might enjoy and doesnt' require 3-4 years of college training. I was a full-time mom for 25 years. I am married for 31 years to this man. I was one of those women who got pregnanat and decided to get married. I loved being a mom and it was very easy for me. I now see that I had no support for developing myself outside of being a mother and that all women need to have that for themselves.....

How Long Do you stay in a Bad Marriage? I don't know. I even bought, for $400; the Mort Fertel Marriage Boot Camp and can't seem to get through it. I guess I am tired of "working" on creating love, even though I know it can be "made."

Athena