Hi, Athena: Welcome! My name is Alice (just joined). I stayed in an abusive "marriage" for 31 years (36 in all), and finally through excruciating self-talk, reading, etc...got a divorce.

There is a book: "Too Good To Leave Too Bad to Stay by Mira Kirschenbaum.....the awfulest (just made that up) thing is that NO ONE can really help you make the decision.

Are your needs being met? I think that is a good question. i am not sure what your husband did, but you sound as you feel betrayed. Anger is good and necessary; it tells you there is something wrong and needs to be addressed.

I am the moderator of an abused survivors' group; if you'd ever like to talk, I'd be honored to be a part of what is happening in your life.

I went back to school at age 61, and won a women's scholarship; it was easy; all I had to do was write about my life.

I've written my memoir: Ghost Child to Triumph (from a child with no voice, to someone who speaks up against injustice), and just met ChattyLady here, and sent her my manuscript today. I took money out of my retirement to get it published; always living on the edge.

I try to do it now and say it now, because tomorrow or the next second isn't promised to us.

www.churchabusepoetrytherapy.com.....over 16,100 hits so far (what happened to me as I fought spiritual abuse for 18 months after getting a divorce).

Lovely to meet you here...as I tell my clients.....keep talking! It helps.

PS "Marriage boot camp?" Wouldn't that take 2?

My picture is the second one down from the top; still can't figure out how to get it to attach to my messages; I am a dancer, singer, writer and poetess.

Computers are not in my lexicon!

Love and hugs, Alice