Sunday the 16th. was a shower held for my granddaughter Christy. who is expecting my great granddaughter Emily, in October. The shower was held in her MIL's home near the pool and inside. The food was plentiful, we had fancy sandwiches, champagne punch and many different kinds of dips and chips. Chocolate and creme dipped strawberries to die fore!! She had a vanilla cream cake with pink icing and an eatable pink bow around the cake itself.

We played some neat games, The conversation and laughter was wonderful, the place full of warmth and love and it was felt by all. Then Christy and her husband Preston sat down to open the gifts. Well, I have to tell you ladies she got some gifts that weren't even invented when my boys were born. A thingy that compacts diapers and there is never diaper odor. The clothes of course for this tiny girl were so beautiful, matching hats and shoes.

A wonderful time was had by all and even though it began at 3:00 p.m. sharp we were still there at 8:00 p.m....I haven't had that much fun since the gals visited Vegas.

Now Emily is due between October 13th. and the 17th. and yet I held a picture of her in my hands. They can actually take a picture of the baby in the3 womb, clear as a bell. I saw that tiny face looking at me and I felt as though God was touching my shoulder...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/